Monday, August 5, 2013

Yoga Certification

excuses, excuses for not taking more pictures and updating the blog
BUT
in addition to the remodel & move, I decided to go through a real 200-hour yoga certification. 
So this has been a HUGE focus this summer. 
 
At the beginning of 2013 I talked with Ben and weighed all of the pros/cons...
I knew this certification would be a BIG undertaking but I came up with more reasons than not to finally take the plunge and go through the training.
 
1.  I knew I wouldn't be pregnant or nursing (this has been a huge chunk of the past 4-5 years) and a reason that I couldn't do this a few summers ago.
 
2.  The training was going to take 3 months (June-August) and literally only 5 minutes from our house (good trainings seldom come to Amarillo and a 200-hour yoga certification is almost unheard of).
I have a few friends with this certification, but they had to spend weeks/weekends in Denver or Dallas over the span of a year/years to get their entire 200 hours in. 
 
3.  A huge chuck of the class work would completely work with our family schedule with Ben home for the summer.  (for 9 weeks we met, our small group voted to do it early-- meaning every day, Monday-Saturday from 6-8 a.m.) 
This worked out great for the family as Kaden was rolling out of bed about the time I pulled into the garage each morning.  In other words, I had less "mom guilt" about leaving the house to take a course that would cut into our family time.

... We started on June 3rd and I will be completely finished in less than 3 weeks. 
I've been sore in places I didn't know I had and I would even go as far to say that some of our physical sessions were as hard, if not harder than some of my marathon training. 
And I'm so grateful I've been able to do it this summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment