A little bit about you at the age of 2!
before your afternoon nap on your bed with "The Little Critter Collection"
• You have become attached to your dog pillow (pillow pal), your stuffed rhinoceros but most of all, “monkey”, the heavy hooded blanket. This somewhat fascinates me as these are all warm toys and this has been the hottest summer ever! You haul them all to bed with you at night and then stumble around while awkwardly carrying all three into our bedroom or the living room every morning when you wake up.
• You are a dream child at going down for your nap in the afternoon & for bed at night. We have a simple routine- get a book and your “stuff”, hugs and lay down. If you aren’t too tired, you usually lay there with your book, on your bed until you eventually drift off. Like clockwork, you are up every day at 7:10 a.m. regardless of the time you went to sleep the night before.
• Your favorite movie is, “Cars” and you enjoy several shows on PBS including Sesame Street, Super Why, and Curious George.
o You are starting to recognize and say many of your letters (thank you Sesame Street & Super Why!)
o You recently saw “Winnie The Pooh” in the BIG movie theatre with Danni Richard. You kept calling out the characters as they came on screen. It was hard for you to sit in the folding chair without getting folded INTO it, so I had to hold your seat down during the entire movie. Ha!
• Like the previous months, you LOVE getting naked and you are able to completely undress your lower ½. You can’t quite get your shirt over your head yet, which is when you usually run to me saying, “shirt… help” as you are tugging it up.
o When we are in our backyard, you feel the NEED to be naked.
I keep telling myself that this is just a phase…
Yep, this is just what it looks like...
This is what happens when you don't pay attention while pulling weeds for 2 minutes...
• If you are going somewhere, you are RUNNING!
• You love your electric toothbrush and whenever I hand it over, you demand “paste!”
• This past month (since the Missouri trip) your language development has exploded.
You’ve started stringing several words together instead of just saying one word at a time.
• You enjoy playing with wooden puzzles (i.e. Melissa & Doug puzzles) and Legos® as well as your new basketball hoop with daddy.
• You’ve suddenly become more aggressive and playful with Schatzi. You like to ride & bounce on her, as if she were a horse... I am hoping that your new "Rody" will remedy this problem.
You also tell her to “move” and push her when she is in your way.
(I’m not a fan of this!)
• You LOVE stickers! Stickers on fruit, stickers from your PuzzleBuzz magazine, peeling postage from packages… They all fascinate you.
• You are obsessed with my iPhone and sneak it off the nightstand if I’m asleep in the morning. You love to look at my photos (which are mainly of you) as well as the toddler games I’ve installed on it. It’s pretty amazing to watch you navigate it, as you are probably better with it than your grandparents.
• I still think you’re somewhat ready for potty training because you tell me when you poop and even bring a clean diaper at times. With that being said, we’ve spent the last week really working with the frog potty chair; lots of time being spent naked (on your part), drinking fluids, and practicing sitting on the potty while watching cartoons. (Lord, what a JOB!) And we've had success!
I KNOW you can get this down before Christmas, when your brother arrives...
unwinding before bed
• You are a hugger! When it is time to leave, you have NO problem hugging everyone goodbye. It’s more of a head-lean-in, but it’s definitely your hug. Kisses… well… you offer a cheek for someone to kiss you, but you are super stingy with your kisses. xoxo
o You also like to cuddle! You’ll crawl into bed with me & then roughly on top and say, “cuddles”. It’s always short lived since you move so much, but I love it!
Happy Birthday, Kaden.
You are the best!