Thursday, August 4, 2011

Long Drives

Kaden and I put another 1,700 miles on the Prius over the past week on our way to/from Missouri. Luckily we were able to spend the night and visit with Jessica & Shannon (and McKenna & Shay)
½ way through to add some excitement and make the drive a little more desirable.
 This summer has been brutal as far as heat has been concerned, and I though that maybe I was becoming more sensitive to it with being pregnant and all... 
but this particular day seemed beyond ridiculous.
 I had to snap a picture of my dashboard as proof that it was 113° as I was driving through Kansas.  As if I didn't quite believe the thermometer, I stuck my hand out the window and it literally felt as if my flesh were burning.  I'm so ready for fall and cooler temperatures! 
 I think Kaden had as much fun with McKenna (and Shay) as I did catching up with Jessica.  They braved the outdoor heat, McKenna shared all of her fun toys and movies and they even took a bath together. As usual, I wish I had taken more/better pictures...
Driving through Kansas the next morning.

I keep waiting for the easy traveling to end, but Kaden did an amazing job of entertaining himself.  He  read his picture books, played with the magnetic puzzle book, put stickers in a brand new
Puzzle Buzz magazine (his absolute favorite thing to do), took a long nap.  And when things finally started getting too tense, I pulled out my ace in the hole... the ole trusty iPhone as a last resort.
I sincerely hope young mister Dow quickly learns from his older brother so we can continue our
long road trips! 

No comments:

Post a Comment