Sunday, August 21, 2011

Kaden's 2nd Birthday

Kaden's birthday just so happens to coincide with the 1st day/1st week of school,
which has been a little tricky since Ben teaches and the beginning of school is exhausting.  This is why we decided to celebrate his on Saturday evening instead of Tuesday.
 Little mister turns 2!
 This year I attempted papa's favorite cake- German chocolate. 
With their birthdays less than a week apart, we had somewhat of a joint celebration.
 Kaden itching to swipe icing while Shanny cut it apart. 
I was a little anxious to see how it turned out since I veered from my trusty ole' Betty Crocker mix and attempted a recipe I found online.  Will do a little tweaking in the future, but this was a keeper- especially the icing... WAY better (and more fattening) than the jarred variety.
 YUM! 
Why I thought it was a good idea to put him in a white polo after making a chocolate cake?!
Hence the rest of the shirtless photos...
 "More... Please..." as one of the new favorite phrases.
 Before leaving again for Tanzania, Aunt Dorothy left a few presents behind for Kaden to unwrap: a nice pair of maracas from Mexico as well as a fun giraffe cloth from Africa. 
Daddy helping Kaden open a puzzle from mommy.
 After leaving school on Friday, Ben was really excited about picking up a gift for Kaden. 
I should have known it was a basketball hoop.  This definitely ranks as one of the cutest moments I have witnessed between the two of them:
 I'm not sure who was more excited about putting this together. 
Look at Ben GLOWING!
He scores!

This year I think we made up for last year's absence of gifts (on our part).  We had so much more fun as he seemed to have a better grasp on what was going on.  Between gifts from Missouri and our celebration in Amarillo, he is SET for quite some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment