Saturday, August 24, 2013

Kaden is 4!

4 years old!
 
There haven't been a lot of birthdays, but I've been able to make their cakes every year.
THIS year Kaden had a vision as to what he wanted for his 4th birthday cake...
He wanted a pirate cake.
My first thought: "What the heck is a pirate cake? And how the heck would I make that?!"
Kaden and Owen helping with the birthday cake-- Kaden has become quite the helper in the kitchen. 
We even tried out our ice cream maker that Ben & I received as a wedding present. 
(And I have to admit that this has sat in the cabinet for way too long; homemade ice cream is amazing!)
 
I basically took Julie's vision and toys and came up with this to complete the Pirate Cake.
Kaden seemed satisfied.
Birthday success!
 

 
Papa looking thrilled to be at our house.  Sorry for the bad pic.  ;)


All of our kids around the new table
(Kaden, Luke, Owen, Ridge, Erika, Katie and Evelyn)

 Me, Julie and Laura cutting cake and scooping out ice cream for everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment