Friday, September 12, 2014

Lyle Lovett and His Large Band

Ben and I saw Lyle and his large band play 9 years ago, down in Palo Duro Canyon and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the show.  
When I heard that they were coming back to Amarillo I didn't think much of it until Shanny asked if we would be interested in going with them. 
Before the show at the Amarillo Globe News Center for Performing Arts. 
Date night!

Ben's sister, Dorothy, knows and is friends with Lyle's cello player.  When she realized that we were going to be attending the show, she emailed John and said her family would be there.  
John set aside a few backstage passes for the Dow family. 
Ben & Mr. Lovett
John (cello player) and Shanny

looking like BFFs

the Dow family living it up

No comments:

Post a Comment