Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Day in Kansas

I usually like to know what is happening next, but our overnight in Kansas was slightly out of the blue.  Jessica had texted me the day before I was going to leave Texas and told me that we were welcome to come and stay in Kansas (break up the trip) on our way back.  I knew that wouldn't work since dad was riding back to Amarillo with us so I quickly decided to leave a tiny bit earlier and drive to see her.
both boys did terrific in the car on the way to Kansas!
Owen reading "Goodnight Gorilla"
playing Candy Land with McKenna and Shay.
And as Sunday progressed, you will notice that Owen kept shedding clothes... 
No words...

monkey in a tree
Shannon rotated kids on a 4-wheeler ride to see if they could spot a few deer at dusk.
No words...
Owen thinking he's clever by "hiding" behind the water drain... 
And then using the drain as a telephone.  
I know that he was in full show-off mode with 2 new girls around, but I had NO IDEA he would suddenly strip naked and run around the yard.
(mom fail)
unwinding downstairs before bed
Lunch date in downtown Wichita before spending another 6 hours in the car.
Tanya's Soup Kitchen was a hit- who says you have to eat bad when traveling with kids?  We even got several compliments from patrons at other tables on how well our children were eating and behaving. 
(kind of makes up of the nakedness the night before)
McKenna(7), Kaden(5), Shay(4), and Owen (2.75)

I've really come to appreciate this stark scenery through the Flint Hills- no billboards, no stops... nothing but rolling prairie... and it's wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment