Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kaden is 2 1/2!

2 and ½
and we can hardly believe it.
  • If we would let you, your diet would consist of ONLY the following foods: bread, peanut butter, cheese, granola bars, and any/all sweets...
  • chocolate smoothie moustache
  • The ONLY way I can get you to eat vegetables is to puree them and hide them in food, grind them up in smoothies (yes, I have been known to put spinach in your "chocolate" smoothie) or other deceptive methods. 
  • A few months ago you started saying, "YES" to many things, which has been a wonderful change.
  • You still enjoy puzzles, stickers, climbing, playing outside and most things that two-year-olds enjoy.
  • playing with the wagon from grandpa Cook
  • You have just started telling us things and asking questions instead of parroting the things we say. For example, the other day I picked you up from an afternoon at papa's house and you said, "I ate Goldfish (crackers).  I took a nap.  I talked to Dorothy on the computer."  I called & verified the information and you indeed did all of those things that afternoon.
  • You are completely potty trained- even during your nap.  Most of the time you wake up dry from the night, but we're somewhat scared to put you to bed in regular underwear.
  • you giving Owen a hug... nuzzling your head against his
  • You've come a long way with your brother, going from, "No baby!" to "Let's get Owen!" (out of the car)
  • you "driving" the Prius
  • Your absolute favorite thing would either be going to the park or driving.  Every day when daddy comes home you want to climb up in the cab of the truck & pretend to drive.
  • You notice even more while we are driving around town. Sometimes you get frustrated and don't understand why we can't pull over and go to the parks we pass-- including school, church, and residential "parks".
  • You like hair and when you are tired, you've started twirling your hair.  One day you woke up from your nap looking like this:
  • I realize you might kill me for posting this photo in the future...
  • You like to "help" me in the kitchen when I'm cooking.  You push your chair up to the countertop and help me measure things (or play with the measuring spoons, etc).
  • Whenever I'm baking you repeat the phrase, "I need to taste it!"
  • I often find you scaling the counter, scavenging for a snack.
  • You constantly antagonize Schatzi.  Sometimes I think she likes it and sometimes I feel sorry for her.  We know you love her, but sometimes you get quite rough when trying to wrestle.  She is such a good sport, just taking your brutalities most of the time. 
  • Relaxing before bed
  • You love to watch movies.  I try to keep the TV off during the majority of the day, except when we're getting ready in the morning.  Lately EVERY time we go to the gym, you go to the cabinet and ask Marissa or Heather to put in Toy Story or whatever Disney Pixar movie catches your eye.
  • You still enjoy reading with anyone who will oblige.
  • mommy, Owen & Kaden reading "the animal book"
  • February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment