Monday, February 13, 2012

Back to School

 When Owen was just a couple weeks old, my former principal at Sundown Lane called and asked if I would be interested in tutoring small groups of 3rd and 4th graders for a couple hours a day (1-3 pm),  three days a week to help prepare them for their BIG standardized test this spring. 
I immediately got excited and talked it over with my father-in-law, since he always seems to be the voice of reason and he would be the main one watching the boys. We decided that there didn't seem to be a downfall if it was something I wanted to do.  After all, my in-laws house is only five minutes from school, I would only away from Owen for about 2½ hours, it would be right in the middle of Kaden's afternoon nap... AND the money would be a nice supplement.

Thus far I have really enjoyed going back to school, putting on makeup (sometimes) and getting out of my sweats, and putting my teaching skills back to work.  I still think teaching is one of the most challenging jobs there is, BUT teaching writing can be downright enjoyable when you only have to work with a few kids at a time. I have no intention of going back full-time while the boys are this small, but 6 hours a week is completely doable!

No comments:

Post a Comment