Monday, April 11, 2011

13.1 Miles

The main motivation for our trip was to come and cheer for my best-friend, Jennifer Schneider,
as she ran  in the Go! St. Louis ½ Marathon.  She ran the hot, hilly 13.1 miles in honor of her mom with the Team in Training, Leukemia/Lymphoma Society.
 This might sound silly, but I don't know if I've ever been more proud of her as she jogged past our little cheering squad at mile 9all smiles and waves.
Looking amazing at mile 9!

Cheering squad: Kristin, Adam, Jessica, (Jennifer) Theresa, Jeff and Clayton

After the race, Jennifer & Jeff were so thoughtful (brave?) to have everyone out to their house in Warrenton for lunch, dinner and lots of playing.

In all, there were 7 kids running around that afternoon.  I thought it was so neat to see them interacting since we were all so close growing up/ high school.

Kaden & Ava


For more pictures http://iowaschneiders.blogspot.com/2011/04/131-miles-in-21649-for-mom.html 

and I am going to put this in print...
Jennifer, Jessica and I are going to do a ½ marathon together within the next 5 years (after babies)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love the post! Thanks again for coming, it meant the world. Love you girl, you are the best.

    ReplyDelete