Thursday, March 3, 2011

Walking & Running

Since the weather was so nice when we arrived in Warrenton, mom (grandma), Kaden,
Triumph (weiner dog) and I decided to go for a walk.  I cleaned out the little Radio Flyer wagon
and placed Kaden inside. 
In my mind, the this idea seemed wonderful.
In reality, Kaden wanted to walk on his own OR...
... pull the wagon HIMself.
By the end of our "walk" I think we might have totalled 100 yards.  Maybe.
Recently I heard someone say that walking with a toddler is similar to walking a turtle.  I laugh to myself when I think about this because it's so true.  Regardless, we all had a good time being outside.

Luckily, Jennifer came over later that evening and we went for a run together and got some real exercise.  I have to admit that I was slightly terrified to run with her since she is currently training for the GO! St. Louis 1/2 marathon.  She was so uplifting & inspiring to run with that I actually would forget that I was running, went the furthest distance I had ever gone before and actually had FUN!  What?  THANK YOU FER!  Can't wait to see you do the real deal!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you just made my night! We loved seeing you and Kaden and I was thrilled that you ran with me. Can't wait to see you again in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete