Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th of July... A Week Later

We didn't have the best 4th of July holiday this year.

Kaden was getting over a wicked virus just as Ben caught the same virus. I ended up driving Ben to the emergency room at Northwest Texas Hospital after he began suffering from a fever of 104°F while shaking violently with chills. I didn’t think this type of thing happened in the middle of summer!
I knew that I should have been thankful that I didn’t catch whatever the two of them had, but I was very disappointed that I didn’t get to see fireworks.
Lucky for us, we got to experience the fun, food, and fireworks that comprise a typically 4th at our friends’ farm a week later. They ended up rescheduling the festivities due to all of the wet and rainy weather we have been experiencing here in the Texas panhandle.
I didn’t think Kaden would last until dark (9:45 p.m.) when they started shooting off fireworks, but he couldn’t have been more content reclined in his jogging stroller. I told Ben that we would leave once he started whining and acting crabby but he was wide-eyed, enjoying himself by watching everyone and experiencing fireworks for the first time. 
And what a show it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment