Monday, May 31, 2010

Offically Summer

Ben, Kaden and I went to the Southwest Townclub pool yesterday afternoon. Although I didn't teach school this year,
I was absolutely giddy with excitement about the pool opening and "summer" being here.
Look at that excited little face. 
And how could you NOT be with all of that fun equipment?
Kaden wasn’t quite sure what to think at first. For it being the first weekend open, the water was surprisingly warm, or at least warm enough for me to get in.
Up until last summer, going to the pool entailed friends & me lazing on lounge chairs for several hours, moving bikini straps to avoid tan lines, and only briefly stepping into the water to cool off before flipping over. 

 Flash forward to THIS summer:
I slathered on tons of sunscreen.  I spent lots of time sitting IN the water.  I only used the lounge chair for our diaper bag.  AND I didn't have time (or care enough) to worry whether or not I looked fat or wonder if my swimsuit was too out of style. 
Oh, how times have changed (probably for the better)!
Ben wandered over to the deeper side and they had a BLAST smacking the water, tossing Kaden up in the air and bouncing up & down.
Not sure who is happier.
I have a feeling that this is going to be a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment