Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

It was a fun, yet busy weekend as auntie Dorothy was in
town from Durham, North Carolina.

On Saturday night our family was a part of the Baby Dedication service at Hillside Christian Church
We, along with MANY other families, made a vow to raise Kaden in a godly way, prayerfully until he can make his own decision to follow God.
Although we didn't get any pictures of the actual service,
here is one after we made it home.
That night, Ben surprised me (with surprised being a complete understatement) with a beautiful silver & pearl necklace, a 30-minute deep tissue massage from Minka’s Garden, AND a thoughtful card (from him & Kaden). I’m still reeling from his thoughtfulness.
Mother’s Day just may be my new favorite holiday!

On Sunday afternoon, Dorothy, Shanny and I went to see the new documentary, “Babies.”  I absolutely LOVED this movie & even teared up a few times despite the fact that this movie is very uplifting.

Becoming a mother is the most fulfilling thing that I have done with my life thus far.
I love you, Kaden.

2 comments:

  1. As always, you are GORGEOUS in the photos!
    I'm glad you had a great Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just might have to pay you to take some more this summer in Shelter Garden!! He's going to be a year old in August. ;)

    ReplyDelete