Sunday, May 2, 2010

The BIG 3-5!

Ben's birthday isn't until tomorrow (May 3rd), but who wants to celebrate their birthday on a Monday?  Instead, we had the birthday celebration WEEKEND!
Ben is going to die when he sees this picutre... but I laugh every time I see it.

When I initially gave Ben his present from Kaden and me, I didn't think he looked excited enough.  There is an awesome picutre of Ben at his 10-year-old birthday party as he is opening a package containing a Pac-Man wrist watch.  His face showed PURE shock/disbelief/uncontrolled exhiliration.
I told him to harness that feeling.  :)
  Reading lamps can be just as exciting, right? 

Last night we (the Dow's, the Richard's, and us) had planned on going to Saltgrass, the new steakhouse in Amarillo.  After discovering there was a 2-hour wait (only in Amarillo), we decided to go downtown to Napolis (little Italian restaurant).
We still had to wait 45 minutes for a table after discovering it was prom weekend. Luckily the weather was perfect, without the usual WIND.  Shanny, Heather and I had fun watching the girls walk by in their prom dresses.

After dinner we headed over to Shanny & David's house for banana-sour cream (wonderful!) birthday cake and present opening. 
Kaden got to stay up WAY past his bedtime & I was excited at the prospect of him sleeping in.  Unfortunately, his internal alarm clock still went off at 7 a.m. we were were UP as usual...

No comments:

Post a Comment