Thursday, January 28, 2010

Blizzard in Amarillo

Even as an adult I still get giddy at the possibility of a real snow and a "snow day".  I'm not talking about one of those dustings you might find on the windshield of the car in the early morning either.  A REAL snow involving fat flakes blanketing the town and everyone is forced to bunker in for the day. 
I also realize that this is probably due to the fact that this rarely happens in Amarillo.
If the roads are too bad for Ben to drive to work and all of the local schools are closed, then I shouldn't feel too guilty about hanging around the house all day... Right?
Here is 11:00 a.m. and Schatzi tearing through the backyard, not sure what to make of it all.
I also feel like I need to point out the fact that this is the 2nd year in a row that David Cook (dad) has been to Amarillo when there has been a blizzard... The ONLY two serious snows in the past two years.
Coincidence?

1 comment:

  1. Glad your Dad took the snow with him so we didn't get it!

    ReplyDelete