Monday, September 30, 2013

33


A great 33rd birthday is:
Waking up on your own because the in-laws had the boys spend the night.
Having your friends treat you to a bagel sandwich & coffee before they leave for work.
New compression sleeves for my achy legs after long runs (thank you Kaaren).
Fancy dinner with Ben Dow (no kids & no yoga pants).
 … AND a brand-new yoga mat (after Julie discovered my sad-sad, holes-worn-through mat)
(Laura with her breakfast burrito)

and then Greek Feast hosted by Laci the following weekend.
 The night basically consisted of us (Sarah, Julie, Laura and I) gathered around Laci's bar, watching her cook and devouring everything she brought out.  It was amazing. 
Homemade pita, hummus, falafel, tzatziki sauce, tabouleh and baba ghanoush.  
She could literally open up her own Greek restaurant here in town- she's that good.
...and per my request, she made pie.  Salted-carmel-apple-hand pies.  
 Oh. My!
 I LOVE birthdays!
(and my awesome Amarillo friends!)

No comments:

Post a Comment