Monday, May 20, 2013

Yard Sale

In preparation for the big move, I decided to have a yard sale and finally get rid of some of the stuff we've been hanging on to for too long. And a few baby items that I felt the need to part with.
 The second I mentioned it to my friend, Julie, she said,
"Awesome... I'm bringing my stuff too... When are we doing this?!"
 
The giant perk of living off a busy street is that we didn't have to advertize AT ALL. 
We put it out and they came.
 
 I was somewhat nervous about having our sale on Friday afternoon as I knew that we were going to have at least 4 kids running around.  Amazingly Evelyn & Owen (1-year-olds) stayed near the porch while Luke & Kaden (3-year-olds) played really well together in the living room.

Kaden & Luke having a picnic lunch of tamales... The tamales I got in the baby pool barter.  :)
 

Come on guys!
 

 For never having a yard sale, I thought we did really well. 
We made money on items that I otherwise would have taken to Goodwill or Faith City Ministries.
The boys got to put all of the change in "the pig" and Ben & I took our stash to Lowe's.




No comments:

Post a Comment