Monday, May 27, 2013

Go Girl 13.1

In order to make sure the three of us actually get together is no small feat. 
9 months ago (no lie- last Labor Day), Jennifer asked me to sign up for a 1/2 marathon with her. 
She said that she wanted to do another one and if we signed up that far in advance, it was only $30 and a good excuse to get together in Columbia (one of my all-time favorite places).
I can't think of a better way of spending Memorial Weekend than with my two best friends.
 
 For a split second before the race started, I was able to say, "Hey!" and "Good luck!" to one of my former students from Moberly.  Emily Cameron just finished her freshman year at MACC.  She was doing the 13.1 race for the 2nd year in a row.
 
I would love to say that it was an easy race, but between the humidity, the HILLS, and the torrential downpour during the last several miles I was just glad to finish.
Jessica, (Brady,) Jennifer, Kristin & Stephanie thoroughly rain soaked and cold after the big 13.1
Thankfully Kyle & Steph were at the finish line with beach towels and sweaters.
Thawing out & pounding a bagel in the hot tub.
 
After cleaning up, Jennifer, Jessica and I hit downtown.
Twins!
Having time to catch up, eat girly food, shop, and aimlessly wander without kids for an entire afternoon was such a treat that I (we) have taken for granted.
Taking a few pictures in front of Jesse Hall.
 
 
 
 Love these girls!
 Nachos Blanco from Addison's

No comments:

Post a Comment