Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New Landscaping

We had a huge, leaning yaupon holly bush that was beyond repair (beyond pruning & straightening) and blocked our bedroom window.  I knew that I couldn't get it out myself, so I was thrilled when Ben suggested just ripping it out one afternoon. 
 
I didn't realize how much of an eyesore that bush was until Ben hauled it off, exposing the boulders that had been hiding there all along.  The blank canvas was the most exciting part to deal with.
 
mommy tilling with Owen watching
 
I started working on this project right about the time nap time started...
but about the time I really started getting into a groove, Owen was wide awake. 
Owen LOVES being outside and I didn't want to quit, so I thought I'd see how long he'd last out there with me.  Believe it or not, he was content on that mat in the shade for over an hour!  Then Kaden woke up and he was content watering the yard for an equal amount of time.
 
 5 hours later... after busting through tree roots, bricks and other randomness and trying to keep the boys occupied...
The best xeriscape plan that I could come up with. 
 
The next step will be to put in some edging/border, but I am really excited to see how this fares next spring when the Russian sage & grasses fill out.  Sweet satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment