Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Shangri-La

Not quite in the Himalayan sense but otherwise the same idea — a permanently happy land, isolated from the outside world. Mary's villa in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Ever since Mary invited us to come at Christmastime, I had been looking forward to this spring break trip.  (Literally, ever since Christmas.)  Although we were somewhat second-guessing our decision to fly with TWO small children as we were in the Albuquerque airport, we had a wonderful time once we landed in Phoenix.
Kaden with he & Owen's little suitcase in the Phoenix airport

Highlights from our Scottsdale trip: 
  • Beautiful scenery
  • Golf.   Ben brought his clubs on this trip and played for two days at both Indian Bend & Continental Golf courses. 

  • I mentally prepared myself to go for a long run and I, Kristin Dow, did a 10.2-mile run!   I think a lot of it had to do with the breathtaking beautiful scenery to keep my mind occupied as well as the fact that outside temperature was perfect & there wasn't ANY wind/dirt blowing.
  • Kaden & I went swimming at the Las Villas pool. I think we BOTH enjoyed the "hot pool" more than the regular pool.
Kaden's new frog floatie
  • Great food! (Mary's cooking, Frank & Lupe's)
Kaden eating his quesadilla that he ordered at Frank & Lupe's Restaurant. 
Creamy Poblano Chicken Enchiladas... Best enchiladas I've ever had... possibly ever.
  • Hanging out with Mary & Doug
Kaden found a new nap buddy and took his naps with both Mary & Doug in their bed.
  • A trip to the Phoenix Zoo.  We all really enjoyed this particular morning. 
  • I discovered a new way to wear Owen in my Moby wrap (facing out).
Looking at the giraffes in the distance. 
 flamingo
baboon enclosure
 lioness
climbing on top of the bighorn sheep
  • NO set adjenda; we did whatever we felt like doing and it was relaxing.
 Brothers in the bed
No, I don't want your nuk!  Thanks though...


The next time we plan a trip to see Mary & Doug, we are definitely going to stay longer

1 comment:

  1. Your boys are so adorable. What a wonderful place to get away to!

    ReplyDelete