Monday, March 19, 2012

California, Missouri

Before the crack of dawn... more like 5:15 a.m., Kaden came strolling into our bedroom with a magazine announcing that he was "Ready to go to brampa's house," and wanted to "Ride a tractor!"
My typical response would have been "It's VERY dark outside.  Go back to bed!"
but my alarm was supposed to go off at 6 and I figured everyone would finally drift back to sleep just in time for the alarm to go off again. 


Ben saw the three of us off and we were able to get to Weatherford, OK (about 3 hours)
before our first stop for breakfast.  If the kids weren't with me, I would have seriously pulled over to take a power nap.  I considered it a couple of times as I was driving in the dark, but I knew it would be pointless, making my drive even longer. 

Kaden with his Puzzle Buzz & a grizzled looking mommy

  Then, after almost 11½ hours of driving, we finally got that tractor ride with grandpa!
TWO days in a row!
Patiently waiting for grandpa to pick him up the next morning.

As usual, I couldn't get over how green everything was and how beautiful hills and trees are.
View of the farm in the distance. Dad's house near the big red shed.


chilled out Owen
I am so proud of this boy and how he did on the marathon car ride. 
Owen, you have proved yourself a worthy travel companion!
devouring a piece of grandpa's birthday cake


1 comment:

  1. Omg Kristin. Laughed at the pic of you in the car...poor thing. I've been there girl, struggling to stay awake--but I caved, & took that power nap :).

    ReplyDelete