Saturday, July 9, 2011

BIG Boy Bed

With all of Kaden's constant climbing I've been waiting for him to scale his crib for the past 6 months, secretly hoping he'd never figure it out.  Just after I snuck out of the house this morning for my Saturday morning class, Kaden greeted Ben at the side of the bed, ready to take on the day. 

Ben had somewhat assumed that I had gotten him up but after some talking when I came home, we realized that he indeed got himself up. Our conversation went something like this:
“Kaden, did you climb out of your crib this morning?”
Blank stare.
“Kaden, show me how you got out of bed this morning.”
I placed him inside.
About the time his feet hit the matress, he had already swung a leg over, found some footing on his little rocking chair, and slid down the slats.  All in less than 5 seconds.
Damn.
This afternoon Ben went to work at disassembling the crib (for a few months) and retrieving his old twin bed from the garage.  With all of the recent napping on our bed, my fingers are crossed that it will be an easy transition to his own bed.  For the time being, we left the box springs off and laid down a small pillow fortress for when he rolls off.
Kaden getting settled with "monkey" in his new BIG boy bed.
The great news is that the old crib is ready for the other bedroom, whenever we decide to tackle it. We should find out at the end of the month whether we will be painting shades of pink or blue.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl! Hopefully I actually get to meet this next one in person BEFORE he/she transitions to a big person bed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'll be in/around Columbia the 1st weekend in August...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about seeing you and our big boy soon. Love, Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete