Monday, February 28, 2011

Oklahoma City

This weekend the boys got to babysit while Jessica & I met up in Oklahoma City for the weekend.

I am not the photographer, so this is what I remembered to take on my phone...
Check her blog for real photos.
We ventured downtown to "Bricktown" to a restaurant called Crabtown,
where we shared King Crablegs and other bayou cuisine. 
When we went back to our hotel that night, I had to laugh as I overheard Jessica talking to her daughter, McKenna on the phone.  Their conversation went something like this:

"So what did you DO today mommy?" asked McKenna (really excited to hear about our FUN day).
"Well, we went shopping and talked."
"What else?!?"
"We ate really good food."
"What ELSE, mommy?!"
"Ummm... we got our toenails painted..."
"Yeah, what ELSE?"

(This was really about the extent of what we did on Saturday.)

While enjoying a peaceful/leisurely lunch, walking around, and sipping tea/coffee during a pediure may sound pretty lame to a 3½-year-old, we (or at least I) had a blast!

On Sunday morning we dove back to the downtown area during daylight to see the
In the two above pictures, you can see 168 chairs arranged in 9 rows, representing the 9 floors of the Federal Building that collapsed during the 1995 terrorist bombing.  Each chair symbolizes a life lost, with smaller chairs representing the 19 children killed. 

Although the memorial was a somber & emotional place to visit, I am glad we went.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you girls were able to have a weekend away but so JEALOUS I wasn't there with you!! Sounds like it was a great weekend, looking forward to seeing you soon :-)

    ReplyDelete