Thursday, December 2, 2010

15 Months Old!

An update on you & your personality over the past few months:

• You weigh exactly 21lbs. and are 31” long.

• You are a man of few words (dada, mama, dog, uh-oh, and NO), but seem to understand a LOT. You mainly do a lot of pointing & gesturing.

• You love all things electronic: the remote, our cell phones, my iPod, the receiver, the printer...  
with the laptop being #1.
sneaking onto daddy's laptop as soon as he left the room

• I am amazed at how quickly you (and all small children) figure things out!
For example, you enjoy the game “Peekaboo Wild” on daddy’s iPad. I only had to show you how to make the animals appear from the grass a couple times and you had it mastered… Now when daddy comes home and sets his computer bag down, you know that the iPad is in there and want to play.

• You’ve become a much pickier eater! Grrrr… You’ve forced us to hide the bread at lunch/dinner time. Once you see bread or know it’s there, that’s all you want to eat and will point furiously at it & refuse to try anything else. Bread has become the new dessert. (I totally get this… I could literally eat a loaf of fresh bread and real butter!)
     o You used to love bananas, but now refuse them while eyeballing the counter for something better or pointing to the freezer, where I keep waffles.
     o One night we (you) skipped dinner altogether due to chocolate cake sitting on the counter. You refused to eat anything else—just kept pointing up to the counter until the fit got so bad we decided that you just needed to go to bed.

Pirate's Veggie Booty is your favorite snack lately. 
I have to hide this in the grocery cart because you don't understand why we can't just eat it at the store!

• You have 7 teeth:  4 on top and 3 on the bottom.  It’s funny to watch you eat because you push everything to the front of your mouth to chew.  When you have an especially BIG mouthful, you hold one hand to your lips to keep it from falling out.
• When you get really tired, you tightly wrap your arms around my neck and grasp your hands together. You sometimes start stroking my hair, which is nice… BUT since my hair is so long, your little fingers get stuck towards the bottom, which causes you to yank.
Another reason my hair is usually in a ponytail/bun.

• You are a LOVER! And you LOVE your mommy!
You love to be held & cuddled, and you like to give hugs.
Busted!  Upon meeting Miss Shay, you immediately got close and put your arm around her.

• You still LOVE the bath! If I mention it, you run to the bathtub and even try to crawl in
with your clothes on.

• You have become slightly obsessed with the potty—specifically, flushing it. I’ve had a couple minor heart-attacks upon realizing you were in the bathroom with my phone or daddy’s wristwatch.
Luckily we haven't had any serious losses, so we need to remind ourselves to keep the bathroom door CLOSED.

• You play well when I drop you off at the nursery at the gym & always seem to gravitate
to the Lego® table.

new jacket from grandpa Cook

• I'm willing to bet that you are the only boy in Amarillo with a whole closet full of Mizzou apparel.

Green Eggs & Ham is your favorite book lately. (I’m starting to recite this one by memory.)

15-months old

No comments:

Post a Comment