Saturday, September 4, 2010

Blah

Everyone has their moments and I’ve definitely had mine for nearly two weeks, which has strangely coincided with the first two weeks of school. Do I miss it? Yes, I definitely miss parts.
Could I go back without the horrible mom-guilt of dropping Kaden off at daycare for 9 hours a day? No. For me, that would be a worse feeling than my so-so feelings of missing work.
So what's my problem?  Maybe school isn’t even it... Maybe its knowing that I’m only going to be in my 20’s for a couple more weeks (but somehow I don’t think that’s it).  Who knows...

TODAY is the day I pull myself out of this funk.
I just caught up with my two best friends with two much-needed marathon phone calls.
I have my smooth Amos Lee CD playing.
I get to enjoy this fall-like day by driving the winding road to Boys Ranch for their annual rodeo.
and if the above mentioned fail to work, I always have my cheap box-o-wine in the fridge…

A more uplifting post to come...

1 comment:

  1. I started staying home with Tinley in Dec. of 2007 and I went through the same emotions in Aug. of 2008. I was kind of depressed about not having a classroom to get ready and lessons to plan etc... But, then I remembered how much I hated leaving her at daycare and how much she cried when I left her there and how excited she was when I went to pick her up and that got me through the back to school time. Everyone has blah days, it sounds to me like you know just what to do to make yourself feel better (and a little wine can always brighten a gloomy day). Hope you doing well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete