Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Plane Trip to St. Louis

I have to admit that I was anxious about flying with Kaden from Amarillo to St. Louis by myself, but he did remarkably well! Once we made it through security (I had NO idea that you had to break down the stroller & put it through the x-ray machine one-handed!) all went relatively smooth. Our flight from Amarillo to Dallas was only ½ full, so I took the advice from Julie and the stewardess said that it was fine to bring his car seat on the plane. We headed to the far back and had the entire row to ourselves, which was SO nice for taking off/ nursing!
We did it!  I'm such a proud mama... no crying!

Grandma Claire picked us up from the airport and we spent the next several days at her house in Warrenton.  Kyle came & spent the night too.
Lovin' the long hair!

Unfortunately the day we arrived my best friends’ mother, Betty Shaw, passed away after her 7-month battle with leukemia. I can’t imagine losing a parent or what their family was going through, but I am glad I was able to be there. IF there was a bright side to this story, my mom was able to watch Kaden while I went to be with Jennifer & Jessica and attended the funeral on Sunday.

Dad came to Warrenton to pick us up and we drove to Columbia to the Rag Tag theatre to see Kyle. 
The next morning Kaden & I got the chance to ride around the farm with grandpa. My absolute FAVORITE quote from grandpa: "Although he's perfect, he's not quite as beautiful as my five were." Classic grandpa.

Snapping on jammies and onsies has become quite a task since Kaden is in perpetual motion whenever he's awake.

Although it was a good trip and we got to see a lot of people, I’m thankful to have my own bed & room again. During the past few nights, I’m not sure if I actually got ANY sleep as Kaden slept in the same bed with me. I was constantly waking up to his little noises and his drifting towards the center of our small bed, or in fear that he was going to roll off the bed, was too hot/cold or that I was going to smother him with the comforter.

No comments:

Post a Comment