Sunday, March 28, 2010

Making Baby Food

Over the past year we have received a TON of great baby gifts, but I would have to say that my new FAVORITE gift is the Beaba Babycook Baby Food Maker as well as several baby food cookbooks.

I’ve been itching to use this as it has been sitting in the cabinet, but I have finally been able to break it in over the last month.
I typically enjoy cooking for Ben and myself, and I have found that it has been fun making concoctions for Mr. K. Not only is it way cheaper than buying jarred baby food, the Babycook is incredibly easy to use & I like having the satisfaction that everything he eats is healthy & fresh and free of added sugar & preservatives.
So far, Kaden doesn’t eat very much so I have been making batches of food (cinnamon applesauce, sweet potatoes, peas, etc.) and transferring it to baby food trays (ice cube trays with lids) to toss into the freezer.

At night I usually take about 30 seconds to put a couple cubes into teacups to thaw in the fridge to be used the following day.
A few cinnamon-applesauce cubes from the freezer.
Bowl of sweet potato portions.

1 comment:

  1. I'm writing an article about freezing babyfood, and I would love to use the photo of the baby food in the ice cube trays. I am up against a deadline, and if you could get back to me asap, I would greatly appreciate it! I would absolutely give you photo credit!

    Thanks!
    Kristi Corley
    kristi@babyourself.com
    www.babyourself.com

    ReplyDelete