Monday, October 5, 2009

Tour de Missouri '09

We did it! Kaden & I made our first trip to Missouri and back… solo! It went so well, I would even consider doing it again.

Every year the Cook reunion is held on the 4th weekend of September in California, Missouri . It is complete with a hog-roast and hayride on Saturday night and a big meal and meeting on Sunday afternoon. Although I don’t have any pictures of the Saturday night festivities, there was a phenomenal spread of food. The hayride started once it was completely dark outside (Kaden & I opted out this year), and the night ended with everyone making their own smores over a giant bonfire.

On Sunday, Kaden won the “Youngest Member of the Cook Family” award as well as one of the persons who “Traveled the Furthest”.


Kaden (youngest family member) with great-aunt Irma Cook.
 
From California, we made a quick stop in Columbia to Kyle’s apartment before heading down the Interstate to Warrenton. Grandma & Kaden got to spend some quality time together while I got some much needed sleep. We also got several chances to visit with Jennifer & Bailey.
 

auntie Jennifer with the cuddle monkey
 

Kaden meeting Bailey


Brock Banze checking out someone smaller...
 
For my 29th birthday, we finished our trip by heading BACK to Columbia to hang out with Kyle downtown (one of my favorite places in the world). Kyle treated me to an awesome dinner at Uprise Bakery, some Sparky’s ice cream, AND a cup of coffee from Lakota. Kaden pretty much slept through the downtown experience, but was quite the ladies man whenever I left him & Kyle alone.

Kaden & Uncle Ed

That night we headed to the Holiday Inn, spread out on our king sized bed and caught some sleep before heading back to Amarillo to see Ben/daddy.

1 comment: