Monday, April 25, 2016

Spring Palo Duro Trail Run

With Laura, my regular running buddy letting her foot heel, I somehow talk Julie into running this bring trail half marathon with me.  Even though he didn't really train together, it was still a great decision!


Everyone warned us how difficult the spring trail run is compared to the one in the full, but I still wanted to do it-- still have something to look forward to and not let all those marathon training miles go to waste.

So in our minds we mentally prepared for it to be absolutely horrific…
I can honestly say it was one of the most enjoyable races I've ever done. 
The (cool!) people, the scenery, the (challenging) course, the weather that morning... everything. 
I loved it.

No shame for snapping photos while running.

Seeing Edgar at the start and finish was good, and it also felt good to know that I didn't finish too far behind. ;)
I also feel NO SHAME for finishing behind someone 2x my age... Ed is a "real runner".

Coolest "medal" EVER!

with a post-race breakfast by Laci. 



No comments:

Post a Comment