Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Hiking Camelback Mountain

Kaden and I got up around sunrise to hike camelback. 

and I didn't think twice about taking Kaden until I saw this sign at the entrance.
I really thought Kaden could do it, but told myself that if he got tired and wanted to stop we would... 





around this point I could tell that he was pretty tired...
... BUT I knew we were so close.  
The slopes and drop-offs were bit concerning, but I was equally impressed with Kaden's ability to move around the rocks and fearlessly scramble up. 
On more than one occasion I questioned my mothering ability and whether this was truly a good idea to have him along.  
view from the top

so proud of himself
and also so excited to eat his (breakfast) cliff bar we said we'd enjoy at the top



so proud of this little man


No comments:

Post a Comment