Friday, March 14, 2014

Butterfly Wonderland

I was looking for something to do on our last full day in Scottsdale and noticed a new place off the 101 loop: Butterfly wonderland.  
Rockin' our 3D movie glasses 
It's almost embarrassing to admit, but Ben and I haven't ever been to a 3D movie. (Gasp!)
Our butterfly experience began with the 3D version of "Flight of the Butterflies," which documented the migration of the Monarch butterflies from Mexico to Canada. Owen wouldn't keep his glasses on, but it was so fun sitting next to Kaden during this 14-minute film because he did what I wanted to do-  continually reach out and try to touch the butterflies.
Seriously, it was really cool.
Butterfly hatchery. 
Right away, one landed on Ben's glasses and made it's way around his face. 
More brave than I. 

I mean seriously... why even bother with hair or makeup when it's over 80 degrees with over 80% humidity?  :)
In the butterfly chair. 

Again... attracted to Ben. 
Looks like a plain, brown butterfly. Stunning on the inside. 
Owen loved seeing the butterflies until they got too close. 
Look at his face. 
"Get away, butterfly!"
"GET AWAY, Butterfly!!"
So funny!  I was pretty impressed that he listened to rules and he refused touch it.  
That, or he was too scared to poke it. 


one finally landed on mama

my beautiful new hairpiece 
"Look, Mama!" 
has been my favorite quote from Owen lately. 
Kaden may not have had a butterfly land ON him, but he still enjoyed the trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment