Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Art Classes

I have been teaching yoga classes at "Burn Studio" for almost 6 months(!) now, but recently I enrolled Kaden in a pre-school art class with Auburn.  
I didn't really know what to expect, but know how much Kaden loves his "projects".  When given the choice, he prefers to be inside drawing and can spend hours coloring & creating at the bar in the kitchen; I thought Auburn's art class would be right up his alley. 

The first time I dropped him off for the 1.5 hour class, the kids used glitter to decorate a tiny pumpkin and boasted on how "awesome" class was.  I figured he'd probably never use glitter in our house and it was money well spent. 

Kaden & Auburn... learning about colors and textures.

 Christmas
Christmas trees on canvas

 photo courtesy of Auburn...
Two weeks ago, they painted hearts for Valentine's Day.  
When I asked him about his heart, he told me that they used "warm colors" and it was "actually an abstract heart." 

When Ben picked up Kaden this past Monday, Kaden walked in the door with his mustache, told me that they talked about (Salvador) Dali & "surrealism" as he showed me his "melted clock".  
Hey... he is really learning!



No comments:

Post a Comment