Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving in Missouri

We didn't actually plan on going to Missouri for Thanksgiving this year, but Ben also didn't realize that Texas A&M was playing Missouri in football on that weekend... and that my dad had a spare ticket for the game...
 Cuddling with Owen before leaving town.
 photos from the passenger seat
Kaden and Owen did AMAZING in the back seat of this trip.  We had minimal stops and arguments.  They both took a long nap and did a great job of entertaining themselves for the 12-hour trip to Warrenton.
 This may not look like much, but I was able to get Shanny's dressing recipe for Thanksgiving since I wasn't going to be able to eat her's in Amarillo.  Overall, I thought it turned out pretty good-- especially considering the fact I've never made dressing before.
 I always forget how many oak trees are in mom's yard.  Mom & Drew raked an enormous leaf pile in their front yard.  Seriously, it was the biggest leaf pile I've ever seen.  It was awesome! 

 Happy Thanksgiving!

 Owee parking himself in daddy's lap for the meal...
 ... while Kaden warmed himself by the fire afterward.

 Classic Owen.  He just couldn't get over the pies... and when Kyle walked away...

We made our way to Columbia and to Kyle's record shop, Hitt Records.


matching t-shirts from Aunt Kathy.

Owen got to stay at the hotel with grandma for the night.  They probably had a lot of fun playing and watching TV in their WARM room.  :)


 Lucky for Kaden, he was able to go to the game with us.

 Enjoying some cocoa.

 This game was the most crowded game I've ever seen!  Our tickets were split up so I thought Kaden and I might go sit on the hill.  As it turned out, there wasn't ANY room on the hill-- standing room only, so Kaden and I found a good spot near the railing for a while.


 panoramic view from dad's seats
 SEC East Champions!

(the best part of the long drive home... with someone else at the wheel)

No comments:

Post a Comment