Friday, September 7, 2012

Sonlight Preschool

After much thought, we decided to enroll Kaden into Sonlight preschool this year.
Neither Ben or I went to a formal preschool, but we thought it might be good for Kaden to try- give him another opportunity to socialize & learn from someone else AND give me some quality time with Owen two days a week (Tuesdays & Thursdays).
 
The night before school began, we got to go to Sonlight Preschool's meet & greet
to check everything out!
 Kaden with his present for Ms. Billie
sitting in his very own seat
 
Ben & I had to laugh, watching Kaden that night.  After we checked out his classroom and briefly talked to his teacher(s), we let him play on the playground for a bit.  Talk about a social butterfly!  He walked up to stranger parents & kids alike saying things like, "Hi, my name is Kaden!" 
"Everyone... Look at me go down the slide!"
No fear... Climbing up the wall.
Ben & I just looked at each other & laughed... We think that Kaden might be Kyle's kid!
 
 Kaden, asleep in his bed on his 1st day of school.
Lady, what are you doing? Why are you taking my picture this early?
Love this classic photo of Owen! 
 
It's too early, mom!
Kaden posing with his brand new nap roll & Cars backpack.
the Dow boys posing in the front yard
 
One of my good friends, Amy, taught at Sonlight last year before her son was born and Kaden's good friend, Danni, went there last year.  Both gave this preschool a glowing review.
Today Kaden started in Ms. Billie's "early 3's" classroom along with 11 others.
Kaden was SO excited to get out of the car and go to school!
(I think I may have been just as thrilled to drop him off for a few hours.)
"the look" (Mom, quit taking my picture!)
 
Ms. Billie welcoming Kaden into the classroom
Kaden's basket

I think this might be the beginning of something very wonderful!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment