Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Potty Training Success

I’ve held off on writing this post because I didn’t want to jinx our progress, but Kaden is well on his way to being potty trained. We’ve been working on this pretty steadily since we got back from Missouri and have been having TONS of success in the past week, especially the past few days.

When we initially started, Kaden either stayed dressed from the waist up or chose to peel everything off and keep it off. I would put a diaper on him when went out, take a nap or go to bed but mainly spent a lot of time in the living room, drinking fluids and running to the “frog” [potty].
Late last week I think we reached a turning point. Yesterday I had to teach a class and just as we were about to leave the house he insisted upon wearing his (Cars) underwear. Since we were only driving 10 minutes across town to Papa’s house, I let him wear his underwear but brought a spare change of clothes just in case. I explained to David (Dow) that he could put a diaper on him if he was nervous about pee getting in their house or just didn’t want to deal with the whole business of potty training. Upon my return, I was jubilant to see that he was still in his dry underwear
AND learn that he had used their potty TWICE while I was gone!

This hard work is finally paying off and getting easier! Ben & I have found that we no longer have to constantly watch him and ask if he needs to go. He’s really starting to get the hang of running to the potty on his own when he has to go.

We’re getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment