Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thundersnow

I've seldom ever grateful to be wide awake at 5:45 a.m. on a "sleep in" day.
Had I NOT dragged myself out of bed to let Schatzi out, I would have completely missed the sights/sounds of "thundersnow".  (Exactly as it sounds: thunder + lightning + snow = thundersnow)
These amateur photos bring NO justice to how cool this really was!

There was no going back to bed after this awesomeness.  I decided to enjoy the peace & quiet with a fresh pot (yes, POT!) of coffee & pumpkin-spice bread before Kaden woke up.
Intrigued, but not sure what to think...
As usual, the snow was short-lived.  Ben spent the better part of Saturday afternoon picking up & sawing up branches that had fallen all over our/the neighbor's yard.

Walking outside to THIS made me slightly nervous... 
BUT I knew it would have been futile to hold the ladder.
Why not take pictures instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment