Sunday, October 10, 2010

Friday Night Lights

We decided to drive out to the ranch for their homecoming football game on Friday night.
I hadn't been to a high school football game in almost two years, so it was fun to be in the crowd... and feel rather old... and not very dramatic.  (You couldn't pay me to go back to high school)
Kaden somewhat paid attention if we pointed and told him to "look". He seemed the most excited when the band began to play at half time, which caused him to dance... or bounce (those words seem to be synonymous in his mind & cause the same response). 

He also seemed fascinated by a few of the mums the girls were wearing.  As a non-Texan, this may be one of the weirdest/tackiest, not to mention expensive homecoming traditions I have been introduced to. 
Google it... there are no words... 


4 comments:

  1. ...I'm laughing out loud about the mums! I fear my daughters might be the only girls in Kansas bearing LIFE SIZE mums from their Daddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of the plant...totally had to google it. That is bizarre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer- That's what I thought the first time I heard it... Why would you want a (hardy) mum from a guy before a football game?
    AND as a mother of a BOY, I think it's a TOTAL waste of $$$!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in 7th grade I was super excited becuase a boy asked me to the homecoming game and I was FINALLY going to have a mum like all the high school girls. I was so very dissapointed when he showed up with an actual mum. Apparently he didn't get the fake mum memo either. It was a sad day...

    ReplyDelete