Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Milestones

Like all milestones, they are thrilling at first. 
Sleeping through the night, rolling over, eating solid food, crawling...  The "pulling up" milestone has been incredibly fun & fulfilling to watch, but there is a downside. 
Bedtime. 
Back when Kaden was less mobile, I would simply lay him down in his crib when he seemed groggy and soon he would drift off to sleep without much fuss.  Those days might be over.  
Now he wants to stand up and make sure he isn't missing out on any action.  Recently I've taken to holding him on my lap until he relaxes and finally gives in to sleep.
I know is is somewhat of an awful picture of me, but it's how I typically look these days... Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. I so remember that milestone, bedtime was not so fun!! Good luck, and like everything else, it will pass!

    ReplyDelete